Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Have Gone to Windmill Painting Power

Windmill rotating arms.
All of the easels I have used over the last 30 years were cheap or free,wobbly, hard to use and generally unsatisfactory. I have know about a windmill easel for a few years but never had the nerve or the money to purchase one. After the demise of my four year open air tent art show career, I took the earnings and the advise of my artist friends and splurged on this:

Rotating mechanism.

Sturdy base on casters.

Hydraulic damper.
This easel suits my style of painting because I like to use the drip technique so turning the canvas or paper at different angles aids in getting  the paint to flow in any direction. I can easily set the easel at any angle (upright for acrylics and 45 or so for watercolors) and even lower it to a horizontal position for mixed media work. The windmill arms turn 360 in both directions.  I may not be the best artist in the world but this new invention makes painting my creations  more comfortable and enjoyable.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment