Sunday, July 27, 2014

HELP ME NAME MY NEWEST ABSTRACT PAINTING

START

                                          OK, enough with the lessons, I just want to paint.

     Above is the underpainting I did to start my 38 x 38" canvas which I let dry and then painted more yellow/green & blue over it using the limited palette  that I have been talking about in my previous blogs. I find myself referring to the chart I did using Laurie Snow-Hein's workshop information.
Maybe I learned a little more than I thought doing these exercises.

FINISH


    My tools were a palette knife and a credit card to create the focal point colors. I have no rationale for why I did anything; I just painted. Using the limited palette did make all the colors that I used harmonize with each other so I was not worried about making mud.

     Please help me name this newest painting. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment