Thursday, March 17, 2016

WHIMSY OVER THE EDGE?

                                        I really need an honest opinion.

Are the following mixed media creations too far off of the artistic chart?
I had fun making them so maybe that answers my question but I would like to hear from you.

DOROTHY'S SHOES

I took a workshop where we learned silk screen print making.  I carved a funky shoe print block, printed it and then embellished it with hand dyed Viva paper towels, ribbon and buttons.
I like it; silly me.

I went for a second printing and decorated it differently. Here I did the shoes with marbled rice papers and some hand made paste papers that I make in another workshop adventure. Now these shoes are for the Wicked Witch of the West. Click your silver heals.
BLUE SHOES




The last silk screen print was a straight forward printing which shows the cut outs that I had created on the block print.
YELLOW SHOES

If the truth be known, I just want to hear from someone so I don't feel like I am talking to myself all the time. My dog can only listen to just so much!



Please check out my art work on DAILYPAINTWORKS.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment