Friday, February 9, 2018

CHANNELING MY INNER ANNE O'BRIEN GONZALEZ

FEATURED PAINTING

                                                 PASTEL SUNRISE

 



     With this landscape painting I was channeling my inner Anne O’Brian Gonzalez. I admire that she is a colorist and an expressionist. I have her book and three DVD’s that I watch and rewatch learning something new each time plus it is cool just to watch her paint.

     High key design is also on my bucket list and this time I managed to pull it off. Most of the time I start out with pastel intentions but end up with darks to punch up the value thereby loosing my high key intent.

     As I analyze what I just wrote I see an artist still coming into her own style or maybe just evolving her style over time.

Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment