Thursday, April 12, 2018

A CLUTTER OF CHAIRS

 A CLUTTER OF CHAIRS

Lately I have been immersed in figure painting using acrylics. It has been a wonderful run of artistic creativity but I find that I am tapped out and when that happens I need to change media, change subject matter or go to my non-objective abstracts with some mixed media work thrown in.

For me it is like washing the dishes, getting the laundry done or straighten up the house; in other words, just plain get reorganized. Some times a sewing project works to clear my mind but top on my list to re-prime my creative well is to reorganize my studio.

I'm always telling my husband let's get rid of stuff that we don't use so I took my own advice with the removal of my long time old friend drafting table that weighs a ton to be donated to Goodwill. It is hard to part with something that has been with you for so many years but I analyzed how much I was really using it and found out it was only a flat surface to clutter up. Decision made.

Back to my original premise; Lay off of acrylic paints for a while and drag out the watercolor paints until I paint a masterpiece or get inspired to go back to my acrylic media. I will keep you updated on my therapeutic process.

No comments:

Post a Comment