Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mystery Build Bloopers

     All that glitters is not gold.... not all attempts at my Mystery Build were successful. Here are some of the out takes that will never reach the viewers eyes:

Clay was not in the kit but I thought I could make a mold then pour Plaster of Paris into the mold to make figures thus  stretching the limited supplies. Try and get a wooden object with gummy joint out of dried clay proved to be my nemesis. I did not want to destroy the model figure so the clay mold was sacrificed and that avenue was a failure.


Another idea was to paint on the newsprint paper provided and make different sized dots to simulate stage lights. I was trying to go for the Art Deco style. That took more patience than I have and it really looked cheesy so that was a failure.

   Out of mini straws and a Styrofoam ball taped together I tried to  build another figure.   This one was to have spiked hair and big ear rings! I felt so clever but when done it looked artistically stunted.


                  




The final failure:

     Remember the theme for this contest is "Your Favorite Movie", have you guessed what the movie is that I chose? Or do you need more clues?


   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment