Saturday, March 14, 2015

MY RESULTS FROM THE JOHN TRAYNOR WORKSHOP




There were many intermediate stages but here is what I came up with. Sunshine pouring through foliage at a local park setting. I learned so much more than my painting illustrates.

I did do a still life the second day but forgot to take a picture of it to show you. I disliked my stiff, lack-luster presentation so I painted over it. My mind said; "This is not how I like to paint, it isn't me"so it's history and I'm sorry I forgot to take the photo.

I used white chalk to add temporary details but in the end the details over powered the focal point.

Softened the secondary tree and did negative space painting for the branches in the lavender tree. In the end all of the background trees need to recede to place the focal point front and center.

Wonderful plein air experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment