Monday, October 26, 2015

VERO BEACH ART CLUB COMMUNITY SERVICE

Almost done.

Hibiscus Children's Center does such good work to help children in need within our community. They have organized  an auction of original art embellished chairs for a fundraiser titled: "CHAIRISH THE CHILDREN".

     How do I get into these things...well it was a good cause, I showed up for the meeting and I said yes to volunteering to help. Next thing I know I said yes to painting the bench in my garage, yes to being the point of contact person and yes to feeling totally responsible for the out come of the bench painting project.  I got my weekly open studio ladies to say yes to helping me which means I got us all into this project.
      Great, more Mid-West guilt on my shoulders.

It takes a village.


My flower.
Because it was in my garage I traced the pattern onto the bench, outlined the design and painting one arm of the bench.  After everyone was done I outlined everything with black.
Oh my aching back and the hours that disappeared!
My science teacher came in handy as I organized the painting stations, etc.
I am so over this bench but now we feel the background of the bench should be painted. It looks unfinished.

I'm just tired but the cause is still a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment