Thursday, January 28, 2016

COMPLETING MY PAINTINGS FROM THE JANET ROGERS WORKSHOP


Finished painting.

Workshop start
Let it not be said that I do not complete my workshop homework.

Here are three of the paintings that I started in the Janet Rogers workshop and finished them in my studio. My little angel isn't perfect but I think I captured her essence and the flesh tones that Janet taught us. I am struggling  with using the white of the paper as the highlight value.

Workshop start
I rather like this one. I did add watercolor pencil to accent some parts of the finished product.
Finished


    Somethings can not be saved and this was one of the many that I create.
I was experimenting with hot press watercolor paper and found that I did not like it or maybe I do not know how to use it properly.  Either way it is history in my stash of art supplies.
Workshop start.
Awful!!!!!!
 I will try again to use Janet Rogers techniques because the lady can really paint people well! She also has a style that you can recognize the moment you lay eyes on her art work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment