Saturday, January 2, 2016

NEW PLEIN AIR TOYS

Is it true that if I buy just one more brush, tube of paint or equipment I will instantly be a better painter?
EASY L PLEIN AIR SET UP

First let me say that I have no bad habits so I totally deserve my splurge buying  some light weight , easy to lug around painting equipment. I will gladly donate my old wooden french easel to a student at a local school.

SEA GRAPE TREES
My first plein air of this season was at a local park  and it was an enjoyable experience. I did not invest in new equipment until I tried painting plein air last season to see if I liked it.  I DO!

I got my painting home and thought it was horrid so I let the oil paint dry and started over.


Sea Grape Re-do
I did repaint this in my studio so it doesn't really count as plein air but at this point in my art career I am not a purest. I was told the painting has to be 80% done plein air before it qualifies. 

As you can see the scene was simplified and I was concentrating on temperature changes. 
A for effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment