Saturday, August 26, 2017

WINDMILL EASEL






Windmill Easel


All of the easels I have used over the last 30 years were cheap or free, wobbly, hard to use and generally unsatisfactory. I have known about windmill easels for a few years but never had the nerve or the money to purchase one. After I retired from my open air tent art show career I took the earnings and the advise of my artist friends and splurged on this a windmill easel.


I can set it at any angle.
This easel suits my style of painting because I like to use the drip technique so being able to turn the canvas or paper at different angles aids in getting the paint to flow in any direction. I can easily set the easel at any angle (upright for acrylics and 45 or so for watercolors) and even lower it to a horizontal position for mixed media work. The windmill arms turn 360 degrees in both directions.




It rotates 360 degrees.


Solid horizontal position.

No regrets but the down side is the size of the easel. I have a 10x12 bedroom as my studio and it is difficult to find a spot where the light is just right but I don’t trip over it or hide storage that I need to get to. In my next life I will order a bigger studio but until then I will be happy with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment