Friday, October 13, 2017

ACRYLIC SKIN FLOWERS

What are acrylic skins and how does one make them?

Wikipedia:"Acrylic paint is a fast-drying paint made of pigment suspended in acrylic polymer emulsion. Acrylic paints are water-soluble, but become water-resistant when dry."

Acrylic paints  are composed of  linked polymer molecules that lend themselves to drying into an elastic film.  I took a glass non-stick surface and spread out many different colors of thin acrylic paint then swirled them about a bit to create interesting color variations. After the paint was completely dry I used a single edge razor blade to gently peeled off the thin films. Looking at the color patterns I saw flowers so I cut out the floral shapes and glued them down on my canvas with acrylic medium.

I did not hold back at all with my acrylic skin flowers, it is totally colorist, expressionist and wonky. I added purchased papers and stamping to give even more mixed media variety.

I was really in the zone for this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment