Sunday, October 8, 2017

FEATURED PAINTING- A CHILD'S WONDER


    
FEATUREDE PAINTING  10/08/17 
http:/www.koseroriginalart.com











  
                                               A CHILD’S WONDER

My artistic rabbit hole adventure at the time of this painting was pointillism. 
I was aware of this movement but did not know many details so off to the research on line:

       “Pointillism is a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of color are applied in patterns to form an image.
Georges Seurat and Paul Signac developed the technique in 1886, branching from Impressionism. The term "Pointillism" was coined by art critics in the late 1880s to ridicule the works of these artists,…”

With the child’s face I used larger dots of warm and cool colors to give the illusion of depth. I thought it was a modern adaption to an older technique. I must relate what a man said of my painting at one of my outdoor tent art shows;


 “ The kids looks sick”, well thanks for your honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment