Saturday, November 18, 2017

COCONUT ART








FEATURED PAINTING      AFRICAN MASK   11/18/17


     This is a TBT (Throw Back Thursday) item. Several years ago I was asked to do some coconut art for a charity fundraiser, I jumped in with both feet and started collecting dried coconuts which is not hard to do living in Florida. Each coconut has a unique shape so I can’t make daisy out of something shaped like a football.  Just to brag a little my most popular design was a football, I could have sold that  four times at a tent art show.

    I sit and look at the coconut to see what it wants to become. This fruit said; African Mask, so after some research on line I came up with this amazing creature. Not exactly fine art but I enjoyed my sojourn into painting on coconuts. 


Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment