Friday, March 18, 2011

New Paintings.

Majestic Mountains
     Finally the "zone" returns after many months of ; "I can not think of a thing I want to paint". I usually divert myself with something crafty but this time I went to an open studio and painted with friends. Tucked away in a corner I had time to just paint without any distractions.

     I seem to be going more and more toward the abstraction of a subject and the older I get the more I crave color, pure jewel tone color!






During a recent workshop I started a chef themed painting. I got the background and middle ground with little effort but the foreground flummoxed me for months. Somewhere in my subconscious I solved the problem and here is Chef Braden which named after my son.
Chef Braden
     I finished three paintings in a few days and it feels so good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment