Wednesday, October 22, 2014

HOMEWORK COMPLETED

BLOG ENTRIES UNFINISHED:

I TOOK AN ARTISTIC WALK ABOUT
 & CHINESE JOURNEY SERIES-PANDA SANCTUARY.


  
COUSINS
     If you follow my blog at all you know that I had not completed the Red Bench and the two children paintings. Part of the problem was that my
 I Photo had frozen and I could not upload pictures of my art work.  I tried everything I could think of then  called for tech support and magically it was fixed. This was painted in low light and I won't know the results until it is hung on someone's wall or in a gallery so no lesson learned here.



    I also finished the China-Red Bench that I started a blog or two ago. I was using neutrals to enhance the bright red of the bench. When I left it was in that; "ugly painting" stage and I honestly thought I would chuck it out. Using pen and ink I added detail and punched up the contrast with blue plus I tried to use negative space painting to give the illusion of bamboo. Put a mat around it and it isn't half bad. 
RED BENCH
LESSON LEARNED:
Wait a day or a week before giving up on a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment