Wednesday, November 5, 2014

China Series- Chengdu Opera

The Classical Chinese Opera was too loud and too high pitched for my western music background. As I mentioned before I had ear plugs on hand for my husband and myself.
This was a different opera and I found it quite enjoyable. The petite Chinese girls were the epitome of balance and grace with their precision dances.

STEP 1
I am attempting to paint this detailed photo first using only negative painting technique. Is it even possible to do a whole painting using only the negative space?
DANCERS WITH MANY ARMS
 During my weekly open studio painting I did the drawing of the photo that I had taken in China.
   
Next I began painting around all of the positive figures; in essence, negative space. My style is  loose & painterly but I have a feeling this one my be on the tight side.
STEP 2
                                                           
I am not pleased with this plus I am out of my comfort zone. I'm not sure if it because I am working in watercolor or because it is too tight for my liking.
 Every painting has an ugly stage boy have I hit mine. Negative painting is out the window and happiness is finishing this in time for my blog publish day.
 Didn't make the deadline!

More later as painting happens.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment