Tuesday, December 2, 2014

PAINT AND PURGE

Cool Dude- Mixed Media
Every year I reach a point of frustration; where am I going to store all of these paintings? Or my better half mentions how much space I am taking up in the guest room and he is right.

 Then I begin with my: Why do I keep painting pictures if I have no outlet for them, why do I work so hard to once again reorganize my small studio to squeeze everything in? It is no longer squeezable.

I don't have a delete button so I go into purge mode to donate my art work. It is a good time to reevaluate the quality of my collection, get rid of the so so and set a higher standard for myself. It still hurts to jettison my creations but it must be done.

The other thing I can do is stop painting for a while. Don't paint for the sake of just painting but wait until a subject pulls so strongly on me that I have to paint it.

Taking a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment