Saturday, May 27, 2017

A new class Julie Johnson

     Do you think I have a problem painting faces? I have numerous paintings where I am stuck with the face therefore they are never completed.  I know start with the eyes then work from there but you know me; start with the easy and inspiring.

     I signed up for an on line class with Julie Johnson via the Jeanne Oliver web site. It was recommended by Chris in my Monday painting group and she is usually spot on with her recommendations.
 PAINTERLY PORTRAITS is my new class and it is full of information. I know I am learning because I am taking notes and feel out of my comfort zone. I will listen to the numerous videos once all the way through then I will repeat, experiment then repeat again. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the color mixing but I am trying to simplify so it make sense to my style of learning. 
I took a marker to a palette paper that I could place under a glass plate which had the value scale down the left for reference, neutrals on the far right and mixing of warm and cool from a double primary limited palette. After obtaining the mother pile I made three values of each. Julie added colors so easily to make a color warm or cool, change the value that I got a little bit lost.

Wow, one mean looking lady!

???
I am learning so much that I think I have given myself a headache.  

My best for this lesson.










No comments:

Post a Comment