Saturday, June 17, 2017

ARTISTIC SOJOURNS

African Mask
Thought I would confess to some of my weird sojourns during my years of artistic ventures.  As  a volunteer for the Heathcote Botanical Gardens I was asked to donate art work done on coconuts which are so plentiful in Florida.  I collected dried out coconuts and began designing. All of them are sold or donated to good causes and I did not want to be labeled the "Coconut Lady" so I stopped producing them.

My Wilson Football coconut I could have sold four times when I participated at Art in the Park, an outdoor tented art show and one of my favorite one is this cupcake coconut. First you look at the shape of the coconut and then let your imagination go. It was fun but on to more serious art.

Later I will tell you about my Calendar Art....Year of the Bugs.

Oh, an update on my two children's books that I am writing for my grandkids. I have ordered the hand bound books, written the rough draft of the script and have started on the illustrations. I'll give you a sneak peek when I can. All of this came about after watching the on line class: Storybooks & Studious Girls.

Cupcake






No comments:

Post a Comment