Saturday, June 24, 2017

CHECK OFF ANOTHER BUCKET LIST ITEM







Little Luke
     I always wanted to write a children's book but never got around to it but my time has come. After signing up for the on line class Storybooks and Studious Girls I got inspired. After thinking of subjects that I could write about I thought of the adorable things my two grand kids have done, therein lies my inspiration.

     My first attempt is: Never Put M & M's Up Your Nose. Of course my grandson Luke did just that and his mom caught it with her camera. The on line class had a link to a book binder who makes  hand bound watercolor journals with a gold binding just like the golden books we read as kids. As I watched the how to video I said no way am I doing all that so I bought two blank books and off I go.
They finally arrived so now I really have to write a children's book.

Cover page rough draft

                                                                                                                                                                                      While I was waiting for my blank books I collected photos, did some tracing onto vellum and wrote the script for the story, then it dawned on me; how do I do all that lettering? I shortened the narrative quite a bit and will just do the best printing I can and remember that it doesn't have to be perfects.

     I'm proud of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment