Friday, July 14, 2017

A WEDDING AT MY HOUSE

Naomi and son.
Fish cleaning bench.

Five years ago my sister-in-law Naomi  moved  to Vero Beach  after her husband died.  It was a difficult time for her to say the least. I was touched by why she chose Vero Beach as her home when she said that I had advised her, "Move where you have family". Little did I know that we became that family. In fact Naomi is the closest thing I have to having a sister and I welcomed the sharing of time and events.

About a year ago Dennis came into her life in whom all of her family approve. Naomi just wanted to run off to some government office to get married and I said no way, you have to have a little fluff!
First she set the date 07/11/17, easy to remember for anniversaries, then the where got bounced around from state to state numerous times but she decided to get married near the water which was the boat dock in our back yard.
I was tickled to even be at the wedding so what can I do to help?



A Great Match!
A little someth'in someth'in.
The same day I found out Naomi and Dennis would be married at my house I became her wedding planner. First call and book the cleaning lady, get my camera out, decorate the dock with white crepe paper, a dozen red roses and prepare finger food for everyone.
 My pleasure to do so.

Naomi's only son John was here to give her away which was the icing on the cake. Oh, she didn't want a cake instead she wanted Caramel Sea Salt cookies and for Dennis Black & White cookies. 

As I told Dennis; "There are two happier people in this world today".

No comments:

Post a Comment