Friday, July 21, 2017

NOW WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO?

Golden metal threads in my hair

     I think I am having a  r- e- a- l- l- y late mid life crisis! I'm doing fun things that do no harm just for the heck of it. In the last two weeks I have had the Glitter Fairy put metalic golden strands into my newly cut and highlighted hair. The picture above doesn't show it at all, I should have had my husband do a close up of the sparkle. I won't waste my money on a second try but it was fun and a check off of my bucket list.  I got a kick out of the reaction to gold strands in my hair.

     Next I had my blonde eye brows dyed with a follow up of micro-blading the eye brows which is actually just a tatoo. All my life my eye brows and eye lashes have been, " I can't see you blonde" which is not a good look young or old. The price surprised me but I did it anyway.




     I love the results and having one less item in my make up routine each morning is great. No regrets with my new eye brows or with the tatoo I got just before my 60th birthday. I designed a rosebud because that was the nick name I was given as a baby.

     I walked into the tatoo parlor where two funky looking girls asked if they could help me. "Yes, I would like this tatoo put on my shoulder." They were so sweet to me and their punk attitude disappeared. One held up a towel to give me privacy ( just a shoulder showing) and asked if it hurt, I said; "after child birth this was nothing". Somehow it was a liberating experience and after I got my Tat, I took myself out to lunch proud as punch.

And yes, I did get some "What were you thinking?" from family and friends but it just didn't matter. Thirteen years later still no regrets.




No comments:

Post a Comment