Saturday, May 12, 2018

A BIRTHDAY PRESENT TO ME

 Anne Blair Brown


    By now  you know that I have a passion for painting. I dream art, talk art with friends, paint almost every day and I frustratedly pull my hair out for the darn painting. Well I need reinforcement in the form of a new instructor input via artist's videos. DVD's always refill my creative well.

     This birthday a dear friend gave me a gift to put toward some art supplies maybe Rosemary brushes but I chose to buy videos from artists that I want to emulate. First I have to define what I am....decision made, I am a HIGH KEY EXPRESSIONISTIC COLORIST, no wait I am a CONTEMPORARY IMPRESSIONIST. Both of these titles sort of summarize my creative style.

     Next I was on a search for an artist with whom I can relate. Fortunately I have kept a running list of artists that I admire; Mary Gilkerson, Angus Wilson, Carol Marine, Lisa Daria, Claire Harrigan, Polly Hammitt, Carla O'Connor, etc. Top of my list is Anne O'Brien Gonzales, Peggi Kroll Roberts and ANNE BLAIR BROWN.

Her style is all that I want to be and more so I found her on line with the intention of purchasing her video. It seems the sales platform she used is Vimeo and I have no clue what I am getting into. Add to that, I want to watch the video on my Samsung smart TV which involves connecting to the wifi and streaming from my I Mac to the TV!

I have been U Tubing my heart out but still no bells of understanding are going off. Guess I am afraid of screwing up the TV, my computer and the video so off to search for a young person to show me how it is done.  What fun??

No comments:

Post a Comment