Sunday, May 20, 2018

My New Peggi Kroll Roberts Video







     My first ever Peggi Kroll Roberts video has arrived, thanks Amazon Prime. I chose the  lesson on high key painting which I aspire to master. The actual painting demo was a lot shorter than I would have liked but she did include a supply section and good introduction section. I was hoping for 2-3 small paintings so that I could watch her process more.

     I did enjoy the video and will try to emulate her very loose painterly style. I need to pre load my paints onto the palette and to do a value scale mixing that does not go above the 5 mark on the value scale. Somehow when I  start painting I fall back into my comfort zone of put a little of this and a little of that colors on the palette and then wonder why I struggle.


Look at the lack of detail and the pure use of warm and cool tone used by Peggi only the 1-5 value scale.

I am going to assign myself the homework of producing a high key painting showing you the preliminary  drawing, set of the palette with a value scale, blocking in large shapes and then maybe stop before I noodle it to death.

Yea team, I did set up the limit color palette and added a touch of white to see the high key range. I will concentrate of warm/ cool differences with value in mind.
                    It is not as easy as it looks! I caught myself wanting to put in more darks and to begin some shading. Maybe my next one will be worthy of showing the world.

Mary Ellen



No comments:

Post a Comment