Sunday, May 6, 2018

 PAPER POSIES

I have many 6"x 6" canvas's that need a new life so I have been repurposing them as mixed media paintings. My inspiration of a colorist/ expressionistic style comes from Anne O'Brien Gonzales.

Everyone has a bucket list and one of my "to do's" is to see the southwest of our beautiful country and to take a workshop from one of my favorite artists; Anne O'Brien Gonzales. I have her books and DVD's which I rewatch when I am feeling artistically running on empty.  I will pop in one of her DVD's and off I go again.

This story get even better. I found out about one of Anne's workshops: EXPERIENCE O'KEEFE COUNTRY.  Holly cow, my favorite artist giving a workshop at my bucket list location! It took a lot of thought but I finally did it; I registered for the class, booked a room and booked a flight.  I'm sure I will have stories to share about my adventure.

Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment