Saturday, May 9, 2015

ARTIST GUILD GALLERY "CINCO de MAYO" EXHIBIT

                                                                 


GOOD FORTUNE

     It was a busy week last week; I took my seven abstracts over to the Emerson Foyer Gallery and delivered my 5 x 5" gallery wrap to the Artist Guild Gallery. Every couple of years the AGG puts the call out to artists to enter one or more works of art into their special show lasting the month of May. Anything goes as long as it is presented on a 5 x 5 gallery wrap format.

     I went with an Asian theme because I visited China in September of 2014. While traveling I picked up a Chinese newspaper and some coins. On the right hand side I placed the newspaper clipping covering it with matte gel medium. The left hand side has a red square ( representing good luck) with a lacy rice paper over lay. The square was to repeat the shape of the whole canvas and the left was painted with a glossy gel medium to give contrast to the right side.The coin was applied last with the gold painted strip balancing out the metallic bronze color of the coin.

I enjoyed doing this piece and the idea came to me as I was falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment