Saturday, June 13, 2015

ART BOOT CAMP- Lesson #2

RED BOARD
BLUE BOARD

I have no patience for making color wheels and value/temperature charts and thus I never progress beyond "do it my way".  Karen's art boot camp is gently forcing me to do my homework and I do see why it is important to do the charts, etc.

Put a good teacher in front of me and I will willingly learn.  
                                                         
YELLOW BOARD
ORANGE BOARD
First we made a black to white value scale on six color boards. Each primary color will be lightened or darkened to match the value at the top of the chart. As I squint my eyes the values should slide down the chart as an equal value to the top black /white scale. This took time and patience for me.

We are doing temperature change as well as value change on the same chart we added a cooling or warming second color to see what tones it would produce. My biggest weakness is value change so I accepted the challenge. Did my homework; I am so proud of me.
GREEN BOARD
PURPLE BOARD
 Oh my this took a long time plus I was getting used to using my new beginner set of oil paints.

There better be a really big prize in my next Jacker Jack box to reward me for this assignment!!



No comments:

Post a Comment