Friday, June 17, 2016

MID CENTURY MODERN TAKES A TURN



     I had designed the figure, the mid century interior, the primed hot pink canvas so off I go on a large  project.

First touches of black.

Almost done.
     I was all set for a mid century modern scene but no matter what I did it did not please me.
Here comes the turn that even surprised me and I'm on the paint brush side of the canvas!
I saw a picture of a model in a magazine and imagined her on this very canvas. Many times I paint over works of art and love the peek through color and shapes.

When I get a mental image that is strong I know I have to paint it and I have to paint it NOW.

So....That turned into this:     

Step 1
Step 2
Contemplating flowed out of me spontaneously; .........THIS IS MY STYLE!!!!!


Can you pick out some of the elements of the original painting?








Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment