Friday, February 17, 2017

BACK TO BASICS- PORTRAIT OPEN STUDIO

Live Model

    The Museum of Art in Vero Beach and the Vero Beach Art Club provide many classes and open studios for artists to hone their skills and share time with people of a common interest. Since my focus "du jour" is figure painting I thought it wise to practice paint from a live model. Today was my third time at the open studio with a great group of artists. I found that I enjoy it very much and I put no expectations on myself therefore the results are unimportant. 

The first two sessions were so rough that I didn't even chronicle them; total do overs. Today I remembered to take all my needed equipment and supplies and told myself to let go and just paint. 
I painted over last weeks failure and love the random colors that work their way through into the new art work. I am rather please with the lady shown above. 

You will love this; not wanting to waste any paint left on my palette, I picked up a palette knife and started slapping the remaining paint onto a fresh canvas for next time. As I was finishing the monitor, who is a formally trained artist, said he loved it, it is finished, don't to another thing to it. 
OK.

Orange and Purple Abstract

No comments:

Post a Comment