Saturday, February 25, 2017

MY NEW FIGURATIVE ART

QUIET TIME

     It should be interesting to watch my progress or lack thereof  in my figure painting attempts.  I still enjoy the portrait open studio with all of the different poses even the surprise nude session. I've done life drawing numerous times so not a big deal. I am happy to just paint whatever is put in front of me.

     In Quiet Time I played the warm against cool colors with pattern against neutral solid spaces.  I am still struggling with how to paint facial features without getting into eye lash mode. When all is said and done,  I am a loosie goosie painter.




      LAUREL

                                                                                                             The bulk of the Laurel painting came easy but the face, oh my! Now you see why I am working on finding a better way to paint eyes, noses and mouths. I don't know how many times I have reworked this painting and still I am not satisfied.

:(
Tomorrow is always a better painting day.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment