Sunday, June 29, 2014

ART ON THE ISLAND 3D ART SHOW

Singing Russian Peasant 
Most of my artistic time is spent painting on paper or canvas but I will make an exception to enter a piece in the Art on the Island 3D Art Show. The Vero Beach Art Club is sponsoring a brand new venue on Marsh Island on February 13-14, 2015 and I want to be part of it. In fact all 2D club members are welcome to think outside the box to create 3 dimensional art work.


Russian Peasant Doll
I have painted large 23 inch gourds before and sold this Russian Peasant Doll at Art by the Sea.   The first three photos are  examples of my past adventures and to the right is my Russian Nesting Doll.


First the gourd is cleaned, sanded and uneven spots are filled in with  dry wall  paste which is dried over night. More sanding with at least two coats of gesso to produce a good painting surface. Without the white gesso base the colors turn out dull and muddy looking.
Now this does not scream gorgeous but wait until I spend hours of painting bold color details onto it. Wish me luck at the ART on the ISAND  Art Show!























 

file:///Users/maryellenkoser/
file:///Users/maryellenkoser/Desktop/DSC01159.jpgDesktop/DSC01159.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment