Friday, July 22, 2016

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

1
Once upon a time an artist took a used painting with visions of a new figure scape. She turned the canvas vertical instead of the previous horizontal ocean format and sketched in the forms. Then she kept adding and adding until it was over worked and nothing like the spontaneous expressionistic style she was after.
2
3
 What to do? Get frustrated with all the hours put into a mess then regroup and wait for a new idea to appear. On the way to a volunteer function I thought about "Many Shades of Gray".
4

 Here is my first quick painting; should I stop before I repeat the same dilemma? Third layer of paint, frustration growing then I happen to look at the back of the canvas. It looks old and spotty, not the quality I strive for so....another one bites the dust. 
It is sitting in the garage next to the garbage bin.

This happens to the best of us:(
5

No comments:

Post a Comment